As much as I hate to admit it, I’m the pretty classic definition of what you’d call a “lazy girl”, but I also love fashion! In the past, its been pretty hard to look dressed up while simultaneously wearing something comfortable. But the good news is, fashion is trending in the favor of girls like me! Lazy girls: Rejoice! (from your bed of course). Here are my top 5 tips to being comfy but still lookin’ fresh:
- Jeggings. Personally I’ve never been a fan of leggings as actual pants to wear in public; for me they’re more reserved for lounging at home. But let’s be honest, they are SO comfortable. So on the days that I don’t feel like wearing my super tight jeans, I substitute it for my jeggings from Zara. You have to be careful with purchasing “jeggings” because some of them are literally just leggings that have the print of a jean but what i’m referring to are extremely stretchy jeans; I find that these ones have the texture of a jean but the comfort of a legging.Photo courtesy of Zara site
- Neutrals and blacks color palette. If you stick to having a pretty neutral and black colored wardrobe, then you don’t have to think as much about what matches because everything will match. But it’s always good to have a few statement pieces for nights out.
- Flats and chunky heels. There are so many cute flat options out there that can still make you look like you’ve put in some effort. Loafers and oxfords are very trendy right now, and flat mules is going to be a summer 2016 trend. Now I know lazy girls don’t love heels, but chunky heels are in right now and we need to take advantage! You can turn a very simple outfit like a t-shirt and jeans into a trendy outfit by adding a pair or chunky heels.
- Rompers. Rompers should really be every lazy girls best friend. They’re as cute and comfy as a dress without the thigh chafing and it doesn’t get any better than that. Yumi Kim rompers are some of my favorite.
- Boyfriend Jeans. This is one of my faves. Who knew that in a day of skinny jeans, wearing a pair of loose, baggy jeans would be considered a trend. They’re cute, they’re comfy…what more could we want?
- Bright Lips. The last thing a lazy girl wants to do is wake up early to do her makeup. So on the days when I go for a very natural look, I’ll add a bright lip and I always end up getting so many compliments! There’s just something about a bright lip that makes it seem like you put in a lot of effort even when you didn’t. I recently stumbled upon this amazing brand, Beauty Bakerie, that sells smudge free lip whip. I already have three and i’m seriously obsessed!! This stuff stays on literally all day and only comes up with an oil based makeup remover.
Let me know what your tips are!